|2 cups and 1/2 cup of apple juice|
|5-6 cups golden delicious apples, cored, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|3 tbs corn starch|
|1 tsp apple spice|
|4 tbs brown sugar|
These delicious apples are flavored with apple spice and brown sugar. Apple spice is nothing more than equal amounts of Cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ground ginger.
- Clean, peel and slice apples.
- Add 2 cups of apple juice to a large frying pan.
- Add apples and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove apples with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl.
- Keep the apple juice on low heat.
- In a blender combine the 1/2 cup of apple juice, corn starch, apple spice and brown sugar, then blend until smooth.
- Whisk the mixture into the hot apple juice and whisk constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Add the apples and heat through.