Rice Pudding with Coconut Cream and Golden Rasins
|2 and 1/2 cups medium grain white rice|
|4-5 cups water, divided. plus more water for soaking|
|8 whole cloves|
|1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh ginger|
|4 cinnamon sticks|
|1 tbs salt|
|1 (12-15 oz) can of coconut cream|
|1 cup golden raisins|
|1 (12-15 oz) can of coconut milk|
|1/2 tsp ground cinnamon|
This is a unique recipe for rice pudding flavored with cloves, cinnamon, ginger, golden raisins and coconut cream.
- In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, combine 3 cups of the water, cloves, ginger, cinnamon sticks and salt and lightly boil, covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove all the spices except for 1 cinnamon stick.
- Add the coconut cream and 1 cup of water.
- Stir and lightly boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and make sure there is enough water to just cover the rice. If not add more water.
- Stir in the raisins, cover and cook over medium heat until almost dry.
- Do not stir until done, about 15 minutes
- This dish is to be served cold.
- Note; coconut cream is available in many Latin and Asian markets. It is much thicker that coconut milk.