- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (4 oz) cans green chilies
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 chipolte chilies with adbo sauce, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (26 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can hominy drained
- 3 tbs buttermilk ranch dressing
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
This is rich taco inspired stew with ground beef, tomatoes, chilies, pinto beans and hominy.
- In a large stock pot add a little oil and brown the ground beef, along with the onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain well, then return to the pot and add all of the other ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.