Curried Ginger Chicken
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
|1 medium onion, diced
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
|2 tsp sweet curry powder
|2 tsp hot curry powder
|3 tsp fresh ginger, grated
|1/2 (15 oz) can of coconut milk
|1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
|1/2 cup golden raisins
This curried chicken is delicious with the flavors of hot and sweet curry powder, ginger, coconut milk and crunchy peanut butter.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips and lightly in a non stick pan over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove to a bowl.
- In the same pan, add a little oil and saute the onions and red pepper until the onions are just turning a little brown.
- Add the ginger and cook for another minute or so.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the curry powders, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds, being sure not to let them burn.
- Add the cooked chicken coconut milk and peanut butter. You may need to add a little more coconut if the consistency is too think.
- Add the raisins and let the simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.