- 1 lb thin spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan, optional
- hot pepper flakes, optional
- Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Canned anchovies, chopped
- 4 Sun dried tomatoes, chopped for garnish, optional
This is a famous peasant dish of Italy. It is simply spaghetti with olive oil and garlic.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Prepare the sauce while the pasta is cooking.
- Heat the garlic in the olive oil in a frying pan over low heat.
- When the garlic just begins to bubble, stir and cook for 3 minutes or so.
- Do not let it brown. Remove the pan from the heat.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and add to the frying pan and toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper and add as many of the optional ingredients that you like.
- If you are using anchovies add the the sauce while cooking.