Asian Marinated Beef Short Ribs
- 4-5 lbs lean short ribs
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 and 1/2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 2-4 tsp fresh ginger root, grated or minced
These ribs are full of Asian flavors and barbecued over charcoal and wood.
- Combine the sesame seeds and butter.
- Cook until starting to turn brown.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the ribs and add to the sesame seed mixture and simmer until well blended.
- Place the ribs in a pan and cover the sauce and marinate overnight.
- Barbecue over charcoal, adding some wood chips soaked in water.
- Brush with sauce during cooking
- Depending on the thickness of the ribs and the level of heat from the charcoal, they should be done in about 1 and 1/2 hours.