Hot Potato Salad
|6 cups sliced hot potatoes|
|1/2 tsp dry mustard (Coleman's)|
|1/2 tsp water|
|1 tbs butter|
|1 tbs flour|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1/2 cup water|
|1/2 cup tarragon vinegar|
|1 large egg yolk beaten|
|2 tbs onion, minced|
|2 hard boiled eggs, chopped|
|1 cup celery, diced|
|1/2 cup sliced stuffed olives|
|3-4 radishes, chopped|
|fresh parsley for garnish|
- Combine mustard and water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter and stir in flour, salt, sugar and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add water and vinegar until smooth.
- Pour a little of the hot mixture into the beaten egg. Stir to mix well.
- Add to the vinegar and cook one minute, then remove from the heat.
- Combine the next three ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Pour the hot sauce over the potato mixture and toss lightly.
- Add the celery and top with the sliced olives.