Asian Grilled Oysters with Garlic Ginger and Scallions
|24 fresh oysters on the half shell|
|1/4 cup fresh ginger grated|
|8 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 small bunch scallions, sliced thinly on the bias|
|a small drop of soy sauce for each oyster|
These oysters are grilled over hot charcoal which gives them a smoky flavor bursting with Asian personality.
- Open the oysters and place then on a low rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix the garlic and ginger together well.
- On each oyster place a small tsp of the garlic ginger mixture, then 4 or 5 slices of the scallions.
- Add a couple of drops of soy sauce to each oyster
- Place the baking sheet on the grill over hot charcoal and close the grill.
- Grill the oysters for 4-5 minutes or until they slightly bubble.