Dutch Oven Biscuits
|4 cups self rising flour|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|3 tsp sugar|
|1 and 1/2 cups milk|
|1/4 cup oil|
|Melted butter for serving|
This recipe is perfect made over a camp, or charcoal fire.
- Blend together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the milk and mix, then stir in oil.
- Pour the mixture out on a floured board and pat out until about one half inch thick. Do not overwork the dough as this will give you a tough biscuit.
- Cut into biscuits.
- Bake in a hot Dutch oven with a few hot coals under the oven and hot coals completely covering the lid.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.