Dutch Oven Biscuits
- 4 cups self rising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- Melted butter for serving
This recipe is perfect made over a camp, or charcoal fire.
- Blend together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the milk and mix, then stir in oil.
- Pour the mixture out on a floured board and pat out until about one half inch thick. Do not overwork the dough as this will give you a tough biscuit.
- Cut into biscuits.
- Bake in a hot Dutch oven with a few hot coals under the oven and hot coals completely covering the lid.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.