Parmesan Panko Crusted Chicken Tenders
|2 lbs chicken tenders or cutlets|
|4 cups panko bread crumbs|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|4 large eggs, beaten|
|1/3 cup ap flour|
This is a real crowd pleaser and a very healthy way to prepare tender chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the panko bread crumbs with the olive oil, salt and pepper, then spread on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 7-8 minuets, then stir and bake until the bread crumbs are golden.
- Add the parsley and Parmesan to the bread crumbs and mix well.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Pat dry the chicken the season all over with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, knocking off all excess, then dip the chicken pieces into the egg and then into the bread crumbs.
- Arrange the chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for about 8-10 minutes or until cooked through and golden.