The All American Cheeseburger
|2 tbs mayonnaise|
|2 tbs ketchup|
|1 tsp sweet pickle relish|
|2 and 1/2 tsp Dion mustard, divided|
|1/2 tsp chipolte chili powder|
|1 lb ground chuck (85 %) lean|
|2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|4 slices of aged sharp cheddar cheese|
|4 sesame seed hamburger buns|
|4 lettuce leaves|
|4 tomato slices|
This is one of our favorite burgers. We prefer it cook over hot coals, however you may use a gas grill on pan fry the burgers.
- Coat grill rack with non stick cooking spray.
- Build a hot charcoal fire.
- For the sauce, in a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, 1/2 tsp of the mustard and the chipolte powder. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground chuck, remaining 2 tsp mustard, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and form into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Grill covered for 4-5 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- During the last 2 minutes of grilling, top each patty with 1 cheese slice and grill until melted. Remove from grill.
- Place buns, cut side down on grill and grill until lightly toasted.
- Spread sauce on cut sides of buns, place burgers on buns, top with lettuce and tomatoes and serve.