Seared Beef Carpaccio Salad
- 1 lb beef tenderloin
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- a few sprigs, thyme, oregano and rosemary
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups fresh watercress
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 knob of butter
- fresh Parmesan for shaving
- Finely chop the garlic and add to a shallow bowl.
- Remove the leaves from the thyme, rosemary and oregano, finely chop, then add to the garlic along with salt and black pepper.
- Brush the beef fillet all over with the olive oil, then roll in the herb mixture, making sure the fillet is completely covered.
- Sear the steaks in a very hot pan with a little butter and olive oil turning once.
- Make sure the fillet stays raw inside.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing it very thinly.
- Arrange the watercress and baby spinach on a large platter followed by thin slices of beef and top with shaved Parmesan cheese.