Seared Beef Carpaccio Salad
|1 lb beef tenderloin|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic|
|a few sprigs, thyme, oregano and rosemary|
|kosher salt and black pepper, to taste|
|3 cups fresh watercress|
|1 cup baby spinach|
|1 knob of butter|
|fresh Parmesan for shaving|
- Finely chop the garlic and add to a shallow bowl.
- Remove the leaves from the thyme, rosemary and oregano, finely chop, then add to the garlic along with salt and black pepper.
- Brush the beef fillet all over with the olive oil, then roll in the herb mixture, making sure the fillet is completely covered.
- Sear the steaks in a very hot pan with a little butter and olive oil turning once.
- Make sure the fillet stays raw inside.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing it very thinly.
- Arrange the watercress and baby spinach on a large platter followed by thin slices of beef and top with shaved Parmesan cheese.