|1/4 lb butter|
|10 eggs, beaten|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1 lb large curd cottage cheese|
|1 lb pepper jack cheese, shredded|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is actually more of a cheese pie than a quiche. Use your imagination and you may add most any filling that you desire. Every from thing from mushrooms, bacon, broccoli etc.
- Melt the butter.
- Whip the eggs until fluffy, add the flour, baking powder, salt, cottage cheese, melted butter and half of the jack cheese.
- At this point you may add any additional fillings if desired.
- Place the mixture in a greased 9×13 glass baking dish, then top with remaining jack cheese.
- In a preheated 400 degree oven, bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
- Cool, then cut into wedges or squares for serving.