Butter Poached Shrimp
|1 lb of large shrimp, shells removed and deveined|
|3 sticks unsalted butter|
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbs bonito flakes (available at Asian markets)|
|1/2 lb wild mushrooms, stems removed|
|1-2 tbs chopped chives, for garnish|
|2 tbs capers|
|4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a delicious recipe. Shrimp is poached in butter and served with wild mushrooms, capers and bonito flakes.
- In a saute pan using low heat add 2 tbs of olive oil along with the 3 sticks of butter.
- In another saute pan add 1 tbs of olive oil, and using medium heat add the garlic and saute for about 2-3 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the mushrooms the the saute pan with the garlic and sauce, turning frequently for about 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the saute pan containing the butter and gently poach using low heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the shrimp begin to turn pink and are almost cooked through add the mushrooms and garlic to the pan and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the capers and saute for another 1 minute.
- To plate add the shrimp, mushrooms and sauce evenly among 4 decorative bowls or plates with sides.
- Garnish with chopped chives and bonito flakes