Greek Saganaki Flaming Cheese
- 1/3-1/2 lb Greek Kasseri cheese, about 1/3 inch thick
- 1 tbs milk
- Olive oil
- Lemon Juice
This flaming cheese dish is quite dramatic when brought to the table. The measurements for this dish leave room for interpretations. Be very careful when igniting this wonderful cheese.
- Cut a slice of Kasseri cheese about 1/3 inch thick.
- Mix the egg with the milk, then dip the cheese into the egg mixture, then dip it into the flour.
- Fry in a bit of oil in a skillet, using medium heat until golden grown on both sides.
- Add a little brandy and flame, then add a squirt of lemon juice.
- In Greece, this flaming is usually done table side for a dramatic effect.
- If you choose to do this, be very careful
- Serve with crackers or crusty bread.