Greek Saganaki Flaming Cheese
|1/3-1/2 lb Greek Kasseri cheese, about 1/3 inch thick|
|1 tbs milk|
This flaming cheese dish is quite dramatic when brought to the table. The measurements for this dish leave room for interpretations. Be very careful when igniting this wonderful cheese.
- Cut a slice of Kasseri cheese about 1/3 inch thick.
- Mix the egg with the milk, then dip the cheese into the egg mixture, then dip it into the flour.
- Fry in a bit of oil in a skillet, using medium heat until golden grown on both sides.
- Add a little brandy and flame, then add a squirt of lemon juice.
- In Greece, this flaming is usually done table side for a dramatic effect.
- If you choose to do this, be very careful
- Serve with crackers or crusty bread.