Ideas to Pack More Produce Into You Day
Here are some great ideas to pack more produce into your day.
- Whirl up a fruit smoothie with your favorite flavor of low fat yogurt and fresh or frozen fruit.
- Make a breakfast burrito by folding scrambled eggs, beans, shredded low fat cheese, cook lean ground beef, sauteed red, green and yellow peppers and onions into a whole wheat tortilla.
- Top pancakes and waffles with applesauce, berries or sliced peaches.
- Enjoy a salad with fruits and vegetables.
- Try a farmers market salad with vegetables with beef and brown rice.
- Pile lots of lettuce and spinach leaves, sliced tomato, cucumber and onions on your sandwich.
- Team your soup or sandwich and baked vegetable chips, carrot sticks or fruit salad.
- Curb the mid-afternoon munchies with a protein packed beef jerky stick and an apple, orange or pear.
- Carry dried blue blueberries, cranberries or cherries for a sweet and easy snack.
- Start you meal with a vegetable soup, gazpacho, crudites or a melon wedge.
- Grill or broil kebabs of lean beef chunks, cherry tomatoes, onion wedges, pepper chunks and pineapple cubes.
- Add extra chopped carrots, celery, onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms to soups, stews casseroles, meatloaf, pasta sauce and chili.
- For dessert, top angel food cake with blueberries, slices strawberries, diced kiwi, sliced bananas or a colorful mix.