Wild Rice Salad
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 and 1/2 tsp water
- 5 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 (8oz) bag baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions, sliced thinly on a bias
- 1 and 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Combine the oregano, water, olive oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and green olives, mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice and combine well.
- Just before serving add the baby spinach, scallions, celery and bacon.