Wild Rice Salad
|1 cup uncooked wild rice|
|3 tsp oregano|
|1 and 1/2 tsp water|
|5 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|3 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|1 (8oz) bag baby spinach|
|1 cup chopped celery|
|1/2 cup sliced scallions, sliced thinly on a bias|
|1 and 1/2 cup green olives, chopped|
|12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Combine the oregano, water, olive oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and green olives, mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice and combine well.
- Just before serving add the baby spinach, scallions, celery and bacon.