Asian Turkey Burgers
|4 medium button mushrooms, stems removed and quartered|
|1 tsp rice wine or sherry|
|1 tsp sesame oil|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, more if you like it very spicy|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|1/2 tsp white pepper|
|1 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|1 carrot, peeled, cut in eighths|
|2 scallions, quartered|
|1 lb ground turkey|
|4 tbs dried bread crumbs|
These spicy burgers explode with Asian flavors.
- In a bowl of a food processor, add the mushrooms, ginger, carrot and scallions. Run processor until the mixture is minced.
- In a bowl add the rice wine or sherry, sesame oil, sauce, black pepper, and white pepper. Mix well.
- In a large bowl add the turkey, minced vegetables, egg, bread crumbs and the soy sauce mixture.
- Using your hands, gently combine well.
- Form the mixture into 4 quarter pound patties.
- You may cook the patties over hot charcoal, baked or saute in a hot pan
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve on sesame seed buns, with crispy lettuce.