Asian Chow Mein with Shrimp
- 1 (8 oz) pkg udon noodles
- 4 scallions, white and green parts
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8 oz) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Place in a colander, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Meanwhile thinly slice the scallions on a bias and set aside.
- Slice thin slices of red onion, then cut in to crescents.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet, then add the snow peas, red onions and mushrooms.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes over high heat, then add the bamboo shoots and stir fry for 1 minute more.
- Add the soy sauce, noodles, and shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp are just cooked through.Arrange the noodles on a large flat platter and garnish with the scallions.