- 9 inch pie shell, baked
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, grated
- 10 asparagus, tough ends removed, cooked and chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook the bacon until almost crispy.
- Crumble bacon evenly in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Sprinkle cheeses and asparagus on top.
- Mix eggs, half and half, mustard and peppers. Blend well then pour over cheese and saparagus.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.