Asparagus Quinoa Feta Salad
|1 lb asparagus (tough ends snapped off)|
|2 cloves garlic, pressed|
|1/3 cup Champagne vinegar|
|1 tsp Dijon mustard|
|2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 cup cooked quiona|
|1/4 cup feta cheese|
|8 chives, chopped|
|4-5 sprigs thyme, chopped|
|1 tbs parsley, chopped|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 1/2 cups arugula leaves|
- Place asparagus in a 12 inch skilled and just cover with cold water.
- Over high heat, cook until asparagus is just crisp tender.
- Remove and slice into thin rounds and set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, sprinkle coarse salt on a cutting board, and place the garlic clove, mashing it into a paste with the flat side of a knife. Alternatively you may crush the garlic using a garlic press.
- Place the mashed garlic in a bowl and mix together with vinegar and mustard. Drizzle oil while whisking to form and creamy emulsion.
- Mix together cooked quiona, asparagus , and feta.
- Chop herbs roughly, leaving them in large pieces. (about 1/2 inch) Add to salad and toss.
- Season the vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper and dress the salad .