Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
|1 cup soy sauce|
|1/4 cup dry sherry|
|1 tbs honey|
|1 tbs chopped garlic|
|2 tsp grated orange peel|
|1 lb flank steak, cut thinly across the grain, in bite sized strips|
|1 large heads of broccoli, separated into florets|
|2 tbs vegetable or canola oil|
|1 tbs corn starch|
|2-3 cups cooked white rice|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|red pepper flakes, optional|
|Bacon bits, optional|
- Whisk first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the meat and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Blanch broccoli in a large pot of salted water for 2 minutes. Remove and place broccoli in an ice bath to stop the cooking, then drain well.
- Heat oil using high heat in a wok or large saute pan.
- Drain the meat well and reserve the marinade.
- Add the cornstarch to the reserved marinade and mix until smooth, set aside.
- Add meat to wok and stir fry until crisp tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add reserved marinade mixture and boil until sauce thickens and coats meat and broccoli, stirring constantly.
- Taste for seasoning and season with salt and white pepper if desired. *If you like it spicy add a few tsps of red pepper flakes.
- Serve at once over white rice.