Brandied Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp
|18 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 tbs butter|
|1 medium yellow onion, minced|
|2 tbs red bell pepper minced|
|2 tsp jalapeno pepper, minced|
|4 garlic cloves, minced|
|2 tbs brandy|
|1 cup seasoned bread crumbs|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, minced|
|2 tsp fresh cilantro, minced|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup brandy or dark rum|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut a slit in the back side of each shrimp large enough to make a pocket for the stuffing. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then melt butter in oil.
- Saute the onions, peppers and garlic for 3 minutes. Do not brown.
- Stir in the brandy, breadcrumbs, parsley, cilantro and cumin.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Stuff the shrimp pockets with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of a glass baking dish and arrange shrimp over top, then drizzle with brandy.
- Bake shrimp until they curl and turn pink, about 10 minutes
- Arrange on a serving platter and serve with pasta or rice or just as they are as an appetizer.