Char Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Smokey Chipotle Rub and Chimichurri
|1 lb beef tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 inch medallions|
|2 tbs brown sugar|
|1 tbs smoked paprika|
|1 tbs kosher salt|
|1 tbs chipolte powder|
|1-2 tsp black pepper|
|3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|3 tbs red wine vinegar|
|3 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|3 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 small onion, peeled and quartered|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp red chili flakes|
|3 cups parsley leaves (packed)|
|2 cups fresh cilantro leaves (packed)|
|1 cup fresh mint leaves (packed)|
- Mix all the spices together, then coat the tenderloin in the mixture.
- Grill over medium high coals until medium rare, about 4 minutes per side. (depending on thickness)
- To make the chimichuri, add the olive oil and red wine into a blender or food processor.
- Squeeze in some lemon and add garlic, quartered onions, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Blend until smooth and then add cilantro and a quarter of the mint.
- Puree and keep adding in the rest of the mint.
- Serve the sauce over the beef.