Chesapeake Bay Seafood Stuffing
|1 and 1/2 cups scallops|
|1 dozen oysters|
|1 dozen clams|
|1 and 1/2 cups crab meat|
|2 shallots, chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, chopped|
|3 egg whites|
|1 cup bread crumbs|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|2 tbs brandy|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Splash of white wine|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
This is a stuffing that is primarily seafood. It has a variety of uses, stuffing fish, and mushrooms etc.
- Dice the shell fish and add to a large bowl.
- Add the oil to a hot saute pan, then add the garlic and shallots and saute for several minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add a little white wine and reduce.
- Add the sauce to the shellfish, along with the bread crumbs, egg whites, mustard and brandy. Mix well.
- Remember that the stuffing is not cooked as of yet. We recommend that you stuff whole fish, mushrooms or any other receptacle that you choose, then cook it in the oven.