Curried Tomato soup
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 3 (14 oz) cans Italian tomatoes
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in sauce pan, add the onions and cook slowly, stirring until tender but not browned.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, then puree the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn into a soup tureen and stir in the sour cream.