Curried Tomato soup
|4 tbs unsalted butter|
|3/4 cup chopped onions|
|3 (14 oz) cans Italian tomatoes|
|2 tbs curry powder|
|3 cups chicken or vegetable broth|
|1 bay leaf|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste|
- Heat the butter in sauce pan, add the onions and cook slowly, stirring until tender but not browned.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, then puree the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn into a soup tureen and stir in the sour cream.