- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1lb cleaned squid,cut into 1/2 inch thick rings, plus tencles
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbs cayenne
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- vegtable oil for frying
- your favorite marinara for dipping
- Whisk 1 cup milk with 2 tsp cayenne pepper.
- Add the prepared squid to the milk and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together the flour and cornstarch, along with 2 tbs of cayenne and 2 tsp kosher salt.
- Dredge the squid in the flour mixture, then deep fry in oil heated to 360 degrees until golden. About 2-3 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.