Garden Basmati and Wild Rice Salad
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 tbs flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 plain yogurt
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- juice of one lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- Cook rice according to package directions, then combine the rice’s in a bowl, cover and cool.
- To make the dressing combine the mayonnaise and sour cream, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix well then. set aside.
- Add the rice’s to a large bowl and add all of the vegetables and top with the dressing. Stir gently to combine. Cover and let chill for 1 hour.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.