- 4 medium potatoes, cooked and peeled warm
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 scallions, sliced on a bias
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs flour
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
This is a traditional German potato salad that is so yummy!
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels, then crumble.
- Cook onion in reserved bacon drippings until tender.
- Add sugar, flour, salt, bouillon, celery seed, allspice, and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in water and vinegar and heat until bubbly.
- Slice warm potatoes and add to sauce mixture along with the crumbled bacon.
- Stir gently and heat through.