German Potato Salad
|4 medium potatoes, cooked and peeled warm|
|4 slices bacon|
|6 scallions, sliced on a bias|
|2 tbs sugar|
|1 tbs flour|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 cup chicken bouillon|
|1/4 tsp celery seed|
|1/4 tsp allspice|
|1/2 cup water|
|1/4 cup vinegar|
This is a traditional German potato salad that is so yummy!
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels, then crumble.
- Cook onion in reserved bacon drippings until tender.
- Add sugar, flour, salt, bouillon, celery seed, allspice, and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in water and vinegar and heat until bubbly.
- Slice warm potatoes and add to sauce mixture along with the crumbled bacon.
- Stir gently and heat through.