Greek Salad with Shrimp Avocado and Caper Vinaigrette
- For the vinaigrette
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (4 oz) jar capers, with liquid
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 hard boiled eggs, minced
- 2 tbs roasted red peppers, minced
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- For the salad
- 10 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 avocados, halved pitted, peeled and diced (Cover tightly in a bowl until ready to serve.)
- 2 sweet onions, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups cooked baby shrimp
- For the vinaigrette, whisk all ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before using.
- For the salad, combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the vinaigrette to salad and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.