Homemade Tater Tots
|2 lbs russet potatoes|
|1/2 tbs flour|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|pinch of black pepper|
|2 tbs onions, finely minced|
|oil for frying|
- Quarter and peel the potatoes, then to a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and completely cool the potatoes, then peel.
- Using a box grater, grate the potatoes into a bowl. Place the potatoes into a clean dish towel and squeeze as much water out as possible.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl, then add the flour, salt pepper and onion. Mix gently. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Fill a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of the potato mixture to make each tot.
- Shape the potato mixture gently until it is in the shape of a tater tot.
- Fry a few at a time in the hot oil until they are golden brown. 3-5 minutes.