Homemade Tater Tots
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 1/2 tbs flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 tbs onions, finely minced
- oil for frying
- Quarter and peel the potatoes, then to a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and completely cool the potatoes, then peel.
- Using a box grater, grate the potatoes into a bowl. Place the potatoes into a clean dish towel and squeeze as much water out as possible.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl, then add the flour, salt pepper and onion. Mix gently. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Fill a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of the potato mixture to make each tot.
- Shape the potato mixture gently until it is in the shape of a tater tot.
- Fry a few at a time in the hot oil until they are golden brown. 3-5 minutes.