Honey Wheat Bread
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 rounded tbs dried yeast
- 1 heaping tbs honey
- 1 tbs oil
- 4 level cups whole wheat flour
- 2 level cups ap flour
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- Pour lukewarm water into a large bowl. Sprinkle with yeast over the top, then stir in the honey and oil.
- Add flours and salt, then knead for 7 minutes, then cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead again.
- Form dough into a ball, and cut down the middle.
- Place each dough portion into a well greased loaf pan and pat into loaves.
- Cover and let rise for 40 minutes.
- About 20 minutes into the rise preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Cool for 15 minutes before slicing.