Italian Pickled Mushrooms
|1 lb small button mushrooms|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt to taste|
|2 tsp peppercorns|
|3-4 large garlic cloves, minced|
|1 tsp ground mace|
|Crushed pepper flakes|
- Wash mushrooms, dry thoroughly, then cup the tips of the stems off.
- Place in a sauce pan with equal amounts of vinegar and hot water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and cool
- Pack mushrooms in 1 pint jars.
- Mix remaining ingredients and add to jars in equal amounts.
- Add enough additional vinegar to cover.
- Refrigerate for 48 hours before serving.
- This recipe may be easily doubled,