Mushroom Chicken in Dijon Wine Sauce
|4 small boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 tbs oil|
|4 cups fresh button mushrooms, halved or quartered|
|3 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Coat the chicken with flour and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 810 minutes on each side or until browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings, cover to keep chicken warm.
- Add mushrooms to drippings in skillet and cook stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in mustard and wine, then return chicken to skillet, spooning sauce over chicken.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 7-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.