Pear Cranberry Bread Pudding
|5 cups brioche, Hawaiian bread or sweet rolls, torn into pieces|
|2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and diced|
|1/3 cup dried cranberries|
|1 1/2 cups whole milk|
|1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp nutmeg|
- Coat the inside of a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Arrange half the bread to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Layer on pears and cranberries, then top with remaining bread.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs well, then whisk in milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and fruit.
- Cover dish and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight to fully absorb the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake for one hour or until the custard is set.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.