|4 egg yolks|
|2 tbs sugar|
|1/4 cup gran Marnier|
|1/3 cup heavy cream, whipped|
|2 pints of berries (your choice)|
- To make the sabayon sauce, in an electric mixer on medium speed beat the egg yolks until thick.
- In a bowl gradually beat in the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and soft peaks for when beater is slowly raised.
- Place the bowl over simmering water in a sauce pan and slowly beat in the Gran Marnier and continue beating until the mixture is fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove bowl from the the hot water and set in ice water.
- Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Refrigerate sauce, covered until serving.
- Place berries in serving bowl or dessert dishes.
- Stir sauce and pour over fruit.