Rockfish with Shrimp Clams and Mussels
|2 lbs rockfish filets, skin on|
|2 dozen small cherry-stone clams|
|3-4 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1 tbs minced celery|
|12 small shrimp in shell|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs butter|
|Dry white wine for poaching|
|1 dozen mussels|
Rock fish is also known as striped bass.
- Place the fish filets, skin side down on each side of a baking dish.
- Scrub the clams and mussels well, and arrange then between the filets.
- Sprinkle them with the garlic, celery and olive oil.
- Place the shrimp on the fish, season with salt and pepper and dot with butter.
- Add enough white wine to half cover the fish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil, bring the wine to a boil and poach for about 10 minutes until the clams open and the fish is done.