|1 large pair shad roe|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs chopped shallots|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Chopped parsley for garnish|
|2 tbs capers, drained and rinsed|
Shad roe is delicious when prepared correctly.Fresh shad roe is widely available in the spring and early summer.
- Place shad roe on a piece of foil large enough to enclose.
- Dot with butter, scatter shallots and capers on top and fold foil into a package.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- When cooked season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Crisp bacon is a wonderful accompaniment.