- 2 lbs shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tbs pickling spice
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tbs chives, minced
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs horseradish
- 3 tbs dill pickle, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbs cayenne pepper
- Parsley, for garnish
This is a spicy shrimp dish that can be served as a main course or appetizer.
- Bring to a boil enough salted water with the pickling spice to cover the shrimp.
- Boil the shrimp for 3-5 minutes. Do not over cook. Drain well.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the parsley.
- Once the shrimp has cooled add to the Dijon sauce.
- Cover and marinate covered for several hours or as much as overnight, which is best. Turn occasionally.
- Before serving drain excess marinade, arrange in chilled serving bowls and garnish with parsley.
- If desired you can add the excess sauce to a bowl for dipping or sopping with French bread.