|2 lbs shrimp, shelled and deveined|
|2 tbs pickling spice|
|1/2 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/4 cup canola oil|
|3 tbs chives, minced|
|2 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1 tbs horseradish|
|3 tbs dill pickle, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2-3 tbs cayenne pepper|
|Parsley, for garnish|
This is a spicy shrimp dish that can be served as a main course or appetizer.
- Bring to a boil enough salted water with the pickling spice to cover the shrimp.
- Boil the shrimp for 3-5 minutes. Do not over cook. Drain well.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the parsley.
- Once the shrimp has cooled add to the Dijon sauce.
- Cover and marinate covered for several hours or as much as overnight, which is best. Turn occasionally.
- Before serving drain excess marinade, arrange in chilled serving bowls and garnish with parsley.
- If desired you can add the excess sauce to a bowl for dipping or sopping with French bread.