Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
|2 and 1/2 lbs top round steak, cut in 1 and 1/2 inch cubes|
|1 tbs kosher Salt|
|1/2 tbs black pepper|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 large shallots, minced|
|1/2 lb medium mushrooms, quartered|
|2 tbs paprika|
|2 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1 and 1/2 cups beef stock, plus 2 tbs|
|1 cup sour cream|
|3 tbs flour|
|1 lb egg noodles|
|1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped|
- Pat beef dry and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, add oil and sear cubes in batches in a single layer, developing a good browned crust on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer beef to the slow cooker.
- Add 2 tbs beef stock to the pan and using a wooden spoon, scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Allow liquid to reduce slightly.
- Add butter, shallots and mushrooms to the pan and saute until water from mushrooms evaporates.
- Stir in paprika, mustard, 1 and 1/2 cups beef stock and transfer to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream and flour, then stir into to cooker, cover and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Stir noodles into stroganoff and garnish with parsley.