Slow Cooker Mozzarella Stuffed Pork Meat Balls
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 red pepper flakes
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls (about 12-15)
- 1 (28 oz) jar tomato sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 submarine rolls
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Add the ground pork and bread crumbs and mix together until evenly combined.
- Form the pork mixture into small meat balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Insert a mozzarella ball in the center of each meat ball, taking care to re-form the meatball around the cheese once it’s been added.
- Place the tomato sauce in the bottom of slow cooker and add the meatballs.
- Turn the slow cooker to high and cook the meatballs for 6 hours.
- Carefully rotate the meatballs after 3 hours to make sure that they cook evenly.
- To serve, place three meat balls plus sauce in a submarine bun .