Spicy Deviled Eggs with Anchovy
- 6 hard cooked eggs, cooled
- 12 anchovy fillets, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs creole or Dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- pinch cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 12 parsley leaves for garnish
- Peel and halve lengthwise pre- cooked, cooled hard boiled eggs.
- Transfer yolks to a bowl and reserve the white egg halves.
- Add 6 minced anchovy fillets, mayonnaise, Dijon or Creole mustard, juice of 1 lemon, horseradish and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Reserve the other 6 anchovy fillets, halved for garnish.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pipe or spread yolk mixture into egg whites,
- If desired garnish with parsley and 1/2 anchovy fillet.