- 2 (14 oz) cans black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 oz) cans white whole corn, drained
- 4-5 ripe medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8-10 scallions, white and green parts, chopped on a bias
- 2 medium bell peppers, seeded and chopped (orange, yellow or green)
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (8 oz) bottles of your favorite Italian dressing
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, corn, tomatoes, scallions, peppers, onions, parsley, garlic and the dressing.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours before serving.
- Taste for season then re season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve drain the excess dressing.
- Serve with corn chips for dipping.