Thai Chicken or Pork Larb
|2/3 cup fresh lime juice|
|1/3 cup fish sauce ( available at Asian markets)|
|1 tbs sugar|
|2 -3 tsp roasted garlic chili sauce or paste|
|3/4 cup chicken broth|
|1 1/2 lbs ground chicken or pork|
|1 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts|
|3/4 cup thinly slices shallots|
|3 tbs fresh lemon grass, minced, white parts only|
|1 tbs Thai or Serrano chilies|
|1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped|
|1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves|
|2 small heads Boston lettuce, separated into leaves|
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Bring broth to a simmer in a large skillet.
- Add scallions and the next 3 ingredients.
- Stir until vegetables are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sauce, cilantro and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into lettuce cups and serve.