Wasabi Ginger Crusted Cod
|8 (8 oz) cod fillets|
|butter, for baking dish|
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|3 tbs wasabi paste|
|1 tbs minced garlic|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, grated|
|juice of 1 lime|
|1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced|
|1 tsp white pepper|
|1 cup panko bread crumbs, more if needed|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a large baking dish and add the cod fillets. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, wasabi, garlic, ginger, lime juice, scallions, and white pepper. Mix well.
- Season each fillet with salt and pepper, then generously top each fillet with the mayonnaise mixture and spread evenly over fish.
- Sprinkle and even layer of panko crumbs over each fillet.
- Pat lightly to form a light crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve with an Asian vegetable stir fry and white or brown rice.