Wok Fried Edamame with Garlic and Chilies
|1 lb fresh or frozen un-shelled edamame|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|2 tsp oyster sayce|
|1 jalapeno or Serrano chili, seeded and minced (red if available)|
|1 tsp sesame oil|
|2 tsp peanut or vegetable oil|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
- Cook edamame in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes, then drain.
- Transfer edamame to a bowl of ice water to cool. Once cool, pat dry and set aside.
- Stir together, soy sauce, oyster sauce, jalapeno and sesame oil in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic, then saute until beginning to brown, about 1 minute.
- Add edamame and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture and stir from for 1 minute more.
- Transfer to a platter and serve