- 2 lbs of boneless grouper fillets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 5 cups fish stock
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 scotch bonnet or Habanero peppers whole
- 1 bay leaf
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This recipe uses Grouper, one the most beloved fish in the Caribbean. The chowder contains, onions, bell pepper, potatoes tomatoes, lime juice and spices.
- Add all ingredients except for the fish to a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Stir.
- Add the fish fillets whole and simmer for another 15 minutes. There is no need to cut fillets as they will break apart on their own.